Shortly after the bombing at the Boston Marathon last year, Glenn Beck announced that he had exclusive information that, once released, would be “the most important story in history.” And, of course, Beck would never resort to hyperbole or sensationalism, so when he threatened the White House that they had better tell the “truth” or Beck would reveal his blockbuster scandal, you know he meant it.
The tale Beck ended up spinning was one of a student from Saudi Arabia who was injured in the Boston blast. However, Beck knew that he was not just an innocent bystander, but had a much more nefarious role. Beck accused Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi of being complicit in the bombing. The story Beck wove included numerous false allegations of Alharbi being on a terrorist watch list and scheduled for deportation as a security risk. However, Beck had no proof to support his charges. And while other “news” outlets (Fox News, Breitbart, WorldNetDaily, etc.) briefly toyed with the story before abandoning it for lack of evidence, Beck persisted in harassing the young man.
What’s more, no conspiracy theory would be complete without tying in President Obama. Beck asserted that Obama was deliberately covering up Alharbi’s participation for reasons he fails to disclose other than the obvious: That Obama himself is the terrorist mastermind and he is executing his evil plot to rule the world as the Grand Lizard of the Global Caliphate and Secular Progressive Emporium. On that subject Beck said…
Beck: Our president, this administration, the Department of Homeland Security, and everything else – how they have covered this up, how they have aided and abetted this guy – is obscene, it’s criminal, it is out of control. And when America knows the full story on this, if she doesn’t stand up and, quite honestly, demand impeachment and the mass firing – if not shutting down – of agencies, we don’t stand a chance.
Apparently we don’t stand a chance because America didn’t “stand up” and Obama is still president. And to make matters worse for Beck, Alharbi is suing him for defamation and slander. The complaint also lists Beck’s website TheBlaze, his production company Mercury Radio Arts, and his syndicator Premiere Radio Networks, as defendents. The filing says in part…
“The defendant Glenn Beck, with the active participation of the distributor defendants, repeatedly and falsely identified Mr. Alharbi as an active participant in the crimes that were committed on April 15, 2013, repeatedly questioned the motives of federal officials in failing to pursue or detain Mr. Alharbi and repeatedly and falsely accused Mr. Alharbi of being a criminal who had funded the attacks that took place at the Boston Marathon.”
It seems long past time for someone to sue Beck for defamation. He has certainly defamed dozens of others in his short and embarrassing career. He has called Cass Sunstein the most dangerous man in America. He said that Bill Ayres is an unrepentant domestic terrorist. He repeatedly called Van Jones a committed communist. It’s surprising that Beck’s record of false disparagement hasn’t landed him court before this. Perhaps the many people he has maligned could join together for a class action suit.
Rest assured that as soon as Beck gets wind of this lawsuit he will further slander Alharbi and claim that Obama is responsible for setting it up. He probably has secret sources inside the White House who personally witnessed the meeting between Obama, Alharbi, Eric Holder, George Soros, and Satan, as they plotted to destroy Beck.