As Donald Trump’s presidency sinks further into the muck of his criminality and perversion of justice, he is becoming ever more reliant on his State TV operation, Fox News. Media Matters has documented that he has spent almost the entire year cowering in the safety of his Fox bunker with eleven out of twelve of his nationally televised interviews at the blatantly rightist propaganda network.
Fox News serves a distinct purpose for Trump. They are there to prop up every proposal, commentary, and attack that he throws out from Twitter, his cult rallies, or his ego-salving visits with his Fox friends. Regardless of the obvious falsity of whatever he is peddling, Fox treats it as if it’s gospel. Likewise, the network will steadfastly defend Trump from any and all criticism. They will malign Democrats, Republicans, or anyone else who dares to disagree with Dear Leader.
For his part, Trump is greatly appreciative for that blind, unflinching support. He is also dependent on it. Which may explain why he is constantly returning the favor by exalting Fox News and their stable of Trump-fluffers. In the past year he has posted dozens of tweets exhorting his Deplorables to watch Fox.
For the record, News Corpse has compiled some of the prime examples of this naked hucksterism. Keep in mind that this list does not include the innumerable instances when Trump simply cited something complimentary that was said about him by Fox’s slobbering hosts or quoted some sycophantic guest. These are just a few of the times that Trump explicitly directed his disciples to tune-in to his State TV network and enjoy the televised knob-polishing (The dates link to Trump’s tweets, for those with stomachs strong enough to visit his Twitter page):
- May 13, 2019 – Thank you @foxandfriends, great show this morning and congratulations on your number one (by far) rating. Well deserved!
- May 10, 2019 – V.P. Mike Pence will be interviewed on @foxandfriends at 7:30 A.M. Enjoy!
- May 8, 2019 – Just landed in Panama City Beach, Florida for a rally beginning at 8:00 P.M. Eastern. Will be live on @FoxNews! #MAGA
- Apr 27, 2019 – Just arrived in Green Bay, Wisconsin for a #MAGA Rally. Big crowds – join me at 8:00 P.M. Eastern, live on @FoxNews!
- Apr 22, 2019 – Just spoke to @LouDobbs. Will be doing a very interesting show tonight at 7:00 P.M. Eastern on @FoxBusiness!
- Apr 25, 2019 – I will be interviewed by @seanhannity tonight at 9:00 PM on @FoxNews. Enjoy!
- Apr 23, 2019 – Thanks Rush! @FoxNews
- Apr 23, 2019 – Sorry to say but @foxandfriends is by far the best of the morning political shows on television. It rightfully has BY FAR the highest ratings
- Apr 20, 2019 – Check out @MarkLevinShow: Life, Liberty & Levin on @FoxNews now (7pm)!
- Apr 18, 2019 – Attorney General William Barr’s Press Conference today at 9:30 AM ET. Watch on @FoxNews @OANN
- Mar 28, 2017 – Watch @foxandfriends now on Podesta and Russia!
- Mar 25, 2017 – Watch @JudgeJeanine on @FoxNews tonight at 9:00 P.M.
- Mar 8, 2019 – Thank you @foxandfriends. Great show!
- Feb 28, 2019 – I will be interviewed by @seanhannity at 9:00 P.M. on @FoxNews. Enjoy!
- Feb 28, 2019 – Everyone MUST watch the opening to @TuckerCarlson – A Classic!
- Feb 18, 2019 – Great analysis by @foxandfriends!
- Jan 12, 2019 – I will be interviewed by Jeanine Pirro at 9:00 P.M. on @FoxNews. Watch @JesseBWatters before and @greggutfeld after. All terrific people.
- Jan 10, 2019 – Will be interviewed at the Border by @seanhannity on @FoxNews tonight at 9:00. Enjoy!
- Jun 15, 2018 – Wow, the highest rated (by far) morning show, @foxandfriends, is on the Front Lawn of the White House. Maybe I’ll have to take an unannounced trip down to see them? (He did)
- Jun 2, 2018 – Real @FoxNews is doing great, Fake News CNN is dead!
Trump has often said that he doesn’t have time to watch TV. But the stark evidence of his tube addiction is impossible to ignore. And the extreme bias he shows in favor of the network that is most adulatory to him can only be explained as a symptom of his increasingly severe malignant narcissism. And while Donald Trump is temporary pimple on America’s ass, Fox News is a danger that was here before him and will persist after he’s gone.
How Fox News Deceives and Controls Their Flock:
Fox Nation vs. Reality: The Fox News Cult of Ignorance.
Available now at Amazon.