In case you haven’t already booked your summer vacation, you might want to look into this event brought to you by the folks at The National Review:
That’s right…Now you and your family can enjoy a leisurely trip to the Last Frontier state with many of the same people that hope to destroy it’s native beauty by drilling for oil in the Alaskan National Wilderness Area. Imagine the thrill of hobnobbing with your favorite neo-Icons, like…
- Arthur Laffer, author of the widely rebuked “Laffer Curve.”
- Ed Gillespie, former chairman of the Republican National Politburo.
- Dick Morris, renowned political turncoat and self-promoter.
- Robert Bork, rejected Supreme Court nutjob nominee.
- Kate O’Bierne, reliable right-wing propaganda hustler.
- Jonah Goldberg, the gold medal model for editorial hackery.
And just added…
- John Bolton, hot-headed former ambassador and diplomatic self-destruct mechanism.
This promises to be an adventure that the Poseidon’s passengers could not even have imagined. If you have the courage to board a vessel helmed by the same crew that has steered America’s ship of state into the sandbars of Iraq, a perfect storm of corruption, and the depths of economic deficits and gross inequality, then be sure to book your room soon. This will be a Titanic affair that you’ll remember long after the Global War on Terror has metastasized into a perennial nightmare that your children’s children will still be fighting.
When you return your friends will be consumed with envy and will hungrily interrogate you for details. But having endured the torture that this trip is certain to inflict, you will be able to resist and maintain a Dead Calm. So get ready to board because, if you pass up this once in a lifetime opportunity, the terrorists win.