It must be a slow day over Fox Nation. Ordinarily the Fox Nationalists are up in arms about some new socialist plot by the President or a conspiracy by George Soros to fund the Muppets’ latest effort to indoctrinate children into gay marriages. But today they have had to resort to this: WH Reporter Upset at Carney’s Continual Snubbing.
The White House reporter in question is Lester Kinsolving of WorldNetDaily, an uber-conservative blog that is still championing the cause of proving that President Obama was not born in the United States. For a brief background on the sort of questions that America is missing out on when Kinsolving is snubbed, take a look at this abridged list:
- Does the commander-in-chief approve or disapprove of bestiality in our armed forces?
- Could you specify which trip President Bush ever took which cost $200 million a day?
- Why did the Democrat proposal to break up partisan seating at the State of the Union come only this year after the Democrats became such a distinct minority in the House?
- Presuming the President supports the Transportation Safety Administration’s pat-down searches of airline passengers and that he believes they will never have male security personnel patting down female passengers, what if any of these male security personnel are not heterosexual?
- Could you tell us whether the President, as Commander-in-Chief, asked guests to watch with him the Army-Navy game?
- Is the President grateful for the statement, “We consider health reform to have been an important battle and a success of Obama’s government,” as made by Fidel Castro?
- Why is the President meeting today in the White House with the racially segregated Congressional Black Caucus?
- Does the President believe it is right for Harvard to have […] no memorial at all to 71 Harvard alumni who died in the Confederate Army?
- Why can’t the President respond to the petition to requests of 400,000 American citizens by releasing a certified copy of his long-form birth certificate?
- Will the President pardon [Roman] Polanski? Will he, or not? Does he believe pedophiles should not be prosecuted?
Kinsolving is universally viewed as a crackpot, and his resume bears that out. It’s amazing that he can even get press passes to attend the White House briefings. I think part of the reason is that he’s been doing it for decades and I think some of the press corps regard him as something of a mascot. If nothing else, he serves as comic relief. Reading the transcripts of the briefings, the most common parenthetical reference is the word “laughter” pretty much every time he is recognized.
Now Fox Nation has embraced this loony and taken up his cause. At the same time they are treating WorldNutDaily as if it were a credible news organization. I guess Fox and WND have something in common in that regard.