Just when you think that politics has reached an epic high in absurdity, something happens that makes you realize that there is simply no limit to how monumentally deranged things can get.
Last month an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll was released that showed Mitt Romney receiving 0% of the African-American vote. So what does Romney do to address that historic rejection? He chooses wackadoodle congressman Allen West of Florida to chair his Black Leadership Council. Yes, that’s Allen West who has said…
- I believe there’s about 78 to 81 members of the Democrat Party who are members of the Communist Party.
- If Joseph Goebbels was around, he’d be very proud of the Democrat Party.
- President Obama seems determined to punish and wipe out economic success in this country, leveling tax weapons of mass destruction on all taxpayers.
- Barack Obama is undeserving of the title Commander-in-Chief.
- [Obama] can take [his message] to Europe, you can take it to the bottom of the sea, you can take it to the North Pole, but get the hell out of the United States of America.
- You [Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz] are the most vile, unprofessional, and despicable member of the US House of Representatives.
- Mainstream media’s is no longer reporting the news, they are propagandizing […] Goebbels is doing somersaults and back flips in his grave.
OK, so West is a paranoid, hateful, misogynist who is obsessed with Nazis and communists, but how does that affect his chairmanship of Romney’s Black Leadership Council? Well he is also a bitter opponent of the Congressional Black Caucus who he has disparaged as race-baiters. He diminishes the horrors of slavery by calling himself a runaway slave from the Democratic plantation. He has spoken out virulently against Muslims and immigrants and is hostile to multiculturalism.
The repugnant comments and behavior of West are not aberrations. They are representative of his malignant character. He was nearly drummed out of the Army for engaging in torture against innocent Iraqi civilians. And since all of the incidents noted above occurred prior to Romney appointing him to his Council, Romney now owns all of it. He surely vetted West before bringing him on board.
Allen West is about as welcome an ambassador to the American black population as David Duke. It is incomprehensible that Romney believes that someone as incendiary as West could advance Romney’s interests in the black community. Romney must be shooting for support from African-Americans that is below zero. Either that or he thinks there is a large, secret, self-hating black demographic that will propel him to victory.