In less than a week Joe Biden will be inaugurated as the 46th President of the United States of America. Kamala Harris will become the first woman to serve as Vice-President. Many people are hopeful that they will undo much of the damage caused by the negligence, incompetence and deliberate malfeasance of Donald Trump and his right-wing Republican enablers in Congress and the press. That’s a monumental task. And, sadly, the lives lost to Trump’s mismanagement of the coronavirus can never be restored.
Be sure to visit and follow News Corpse on Instagram.
For his part, Trump will sink into the lowest state of despair and self pity to date for a sociopathic narcissist who resides in that mental state as a matter of routine. He is already planning his own pathetic farewell party because no one else cares enough to throw a party for him. What will stand as his final address to the American people – delivered following the storming of Congress by his traitorous insurrectionists – will be a video wherein he pleads for “common ground” with the racist, seditionist, violent, conspiracy crackpots who comprise his cult following.
Joe Biden, meanwhile, has his own problems. The nation has spent the last four years bombarded with Trump’s egomaniacal interruptions into their lives on a daily basis. They have probably forgotten the blissful times when they could go for weeks without hearing anything from the White House.
Biden is unlikely to be as obsessed with making himself the center of attention 24/7. And that isn’t the only downside to the Biden presidency. Compared to the unprecedented performance of Trump, Biden will be huge letdown. You know it, I know, Everyone knows it. What follows are just a few of the areas where Biden falls short of his glorious predecessor:
- Only one ex-wife, and she’s dead
- No Pillow Lobby representative
- No experience bankrupting multiple businesses
- Won’t appoint his unqualified children to White House jobs
- Rejects “alternative facts”
- Doesn’t golf
- Has read and understands the Constitution
- Hasn’t renounced Muslims, Mexicans, or other liberal commies
- Believes America is already great
- Respects the “enemy of the people” (aka free press)
- Has never been spanked by a porn star
- Two fewer impeachments than predecessor
- Released decades of confidential tax returns
- Prefers Tom Hanks and Beyoncé to Scott Baio and Ted Nugent
- Evangelicals haven’t declared him “sent by God”
- No plan to relieve the onerous tax burden of the rich
- Doesn’t support “very fine people” (white nationalists and Nazis)
- Owns not one, but two dogs
- Favors clean air and water over corporate profits
- Is not BFF with Vladimir Putin or Kim Jong Un
- Not a single cabinet appointee vows to destroy their department
- Hires lawyers who reject the legal principle that “truth isn’t truth.”
- Is still allowed to tweet
- Isn’t responsible for the deaths of 400,000 Americans
- Doesn’t spend hours every day watching and regurgitating Fox News
These fatal personality flaws of Biden are the prelude to a fundamentally different country. Those who have worshipped Trump’s manly management style and embrace of the swamp politics of Washington, D.C., are going to be sorely disappointed when Biden brings to the White House the competence and compassion that Trump and his cult disciples have been trained to abhor.
Despite these drawbacks, the nation must somehow steady itself in the face of the certain turmoil that Biden will unleash. Four years from now the people will have another opportunity to restore hate and greed as the dominant values of Republican “leadership.” So long as American isn’t already a socialist sh*thole country by then, with national healthcare, free education, fair elections, an end to racial injustice, rolling back the climate crisis, and all the other horrors promised by those evil progressives.
NOTE: Twitter recently suspended the News Corpse account after 11 years without giving a reason. So if anyone wants to tweet articles from my website, please feel free to do so often and repeatedly. And you can follow this surrogate Twitter account here. Thanks for your support.
How Fox News Deceives and Controls Their Flock:
Fox Nation vs. Reality: The Fox News Cult of Ignorance.
Available now at Amazon.