It’s less than four months until election day. These midterms may be among the most consequential in history. The current Republican Party is worse than ineffective. They are knowingly complicit with a president who openly favors America’s enemies over the patriots who put their lives on the line in her defense. They are enabling Donald Trump’s assault on democracy and the Constitution.
As we approach the November election, Trump is participating in the process in a manner that is unprecedented. He literally declared his candidacy for reelection within days of his inauguration. And he hasn’t stopped campaigning in the seventeen months he’s been in office. His rallies, staged in safe GOP strongholds, are pits of hostility and aggression toward fellow Americans. Not to mention the media that he castigates in Stalinist terms as “the enemy of the people.”
However, Trump is electioneering in another way that is more consistent with his twitsted persona. He regularly tweets out endorsements of GOP candidates that have kissed his – let’s say ring – even during Republican primaries. But there is something oddly familiar in these tweet-dorsements. They all seem like they were written by a computer programmed to spout cliched Republican talking points. For instance:
- “Kevin has been strong on Crime, the Border, the 2nd Amendment, and he loves our Military and Vets.”
- “Brian is tough on crime, strong on the border and illegal immigration. He loves our Military and our Vets and protects our Second Amendment.”
- Matt Gaetz is…”Strong on Crime, the Border, Illegal Immigration, the 2nd Amendment, our great Military & Vets”
- Kevin Cramer is…”tough on crime, strong on borders, loves our Military, and our Vets”
- Clay Higginsis…”fighting for Border Security, our Military and are Vets. He is tough on Crime”
- Ron DeSantis…”is strong on Borders, tough on Crime & big on Cutting Taxes – Loves our Military & our Vets”
- Henry McMaster…”is tough on Crime and strong on Borders, Health Care, the Mititary and our great Vets”
- “Donovan, who is strong on Borders & Crime, loves our Military & our Vets, voted for Tax Cuts”
- Asa Hutchinson is for…”lower taxes, border security, and crime prevention. Asa loves our military and our veterans”
- Marsha Blackburn is…”Great on the Military, Border Security and Crime.”
- Rick Saccone is…”tough on crime & border. Loves 2nd A & VETS”
- Brian Kemp … is tough on crime, strong on the border and illegal immigration. He loves our Military and our Vets and protects our Second Amendment.
- John James is strong on crime and borders, loves our Military, our Vets and our Second Amendment.
- Troy_Balderson of Ohio is … strong on crime and borders, loves our Military, our Vets and our Second Amendment.
- David Kustoff … is strong on crime and borders, loves our Military, Vets and Second Amendment.
- David Kustoff has been a champion for … our Military, Vets and Second Amendment.
Someone needs to fix that broken playback loop. All of these candidates seem like they are the same person. They will surely behave in identical, lock-step obedience to Dear Leader. Trump sounds like he can’t express an original thought. He certainly can’t assess the candidates he’s backing in any intelligent way. He doesn’t know most of them, and his endorsement is a purely partisan effort to pack Congress with mindless sycophants who will nod and applaud everything he says. Hence the mindless, repetitive nature of his endorsements.
For Americans who are truly concerned about having a treasonous Putin lapdog in the Oval office, it is imperative that we exhaust every bit of our energy and determination to get to the polls and vote in November. The welfare of our nation depends on it. Republicans cannot be trusted to do the right thing, or to hold Trump accountable for his criminal actions. This is serious. Be sure to vote and to get as many people as you can to vote as well. Vote like your life depends on it. Because it does.
How Fox News Deceives and Controls Their Flock:
Fox Nation vs. Reality: The Fox News Cult of Ignorance.
Available now at Amazon.