Among the many enduring and frightening personality flaws that Donald Trump displays on a daily basis is his fervent aspiration to be exalted as an messianic dictator. It’s what drives his ugly admiration for, and jealousy of, murderous tyrants like Vladimir Putin, Xi Jinping, and Kim Jong Un.
On Wednesday Trump exhibited this noxious trait in a tweet castigating his former National Security Advisor, John Bolton. Bolton stirred the ire of Emperor Trump by telling the truth about his efforts to coerce Ukraine into helping him smear Joe Biden. Included in his anti-Bolton tirade was the accusation that Bolton had once “begged” me for a non Senate approved job.”
This psychotic hallucination of Trump’s is a symptom of his malignant narcissism. He has frequently asserted that people were begging him for one thing or another. It’s the sort of mental malady that plagues those who regard themselves as divine or as anointed by divinity. And Trump is surely suffering under just such a delusion. For example…
- Mitt Romney never knew how to win. He is a pompous “ass” who has been fighting me from the beginning, except when he begged me for my endorsement…
- Wacky Omarosa, who got fired 3 times on the Apprentice, now got fired for the last time. She never made it, never will. She begged me for a job, tears in her eye…
- Sloppy Steve Bannon, who cried when he got fired and begged for his job.
- Lightweight Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, a total flunky for Chuck Schumer and someone who would come to my office “begging” for campaign contributions…
- Senator Bob Corker “begged” me to endorse him for re-election in Tennessee.
- The very foul mouthed Sen. John McCain begged for my support during his primary
- Really dumb @CheriJacobus. Begged my people for a job.
- @bobvanderplaats begged me to do an event while asking organizers for $100,000 for himself—a bad guy!
- @BrentBozell, one of the National Review lightweights, came to my office begging for money like a dog.
- GovernorPerry in my office last cycle playing nice and begging for my support and money. Hypocrite!
Clearly Trump sees himself as a holy patriarch whose blessings and mercy are sought by the lowly sinners who assemble at his feet. And only he can absolve these cretins if he chooses, in his magnanimity, to do so. This is how deeply Trump has descended into unreality. And it’s just one more reason he needs to be removed from office.
How Fox News Deceives and Controls Their Flock:
Fox Nation vs. Reality: The Fox News Cult of Ignorance.
Available now at Amazon.