Bloggers on Free Republic, AKA Freepers, are mad as Hell and they aren’t going to take it any more. The treatment of Sarah Palin by Fox reporter Carl Cameron and others has incensed them to the point where they are vowing never to watch again. I’ve compiled some of the comments from the site for their comedic value:
- I propose that we punish the FOX Network for its hatchet job on Sarah Palin. For one week beginning at 3:00 PM today no one tunes them in. We will demonstrate the power of conservatives when their ratings plummet dramatically. Will you join me? [FYI: their boycott will have no affect whatsoever on the ratings unless a significant number of them are Nielsen families]
- I’m done with Teevee. Let them all go to hell.
- I am with you all the way my friend…i hope FOX goes off the air…hate em now…
- It would be easy. Nearly every show on FNC is unwatchable these days. ….for quite a while, in fact.
- fauxNEWS – We Distort, You Comply
- too late………I wrote them off months ago
- GO TO EVERY RIGHTWING BLOG AND TELL THEM TO TURN OFF FOX.
- Tell him he’s no better than the “smear merchants” and “bombthrowers” he holds in such contempt. Allowing Carl Cameron to spew unmitigated hearsay and garbage without one shred of supporting evidence or fact makes O’Reilly just as bad as the supermarket tabloids.
- Life without FOX is good.
- It’s not a secret that 81% of Fox News reporters and employees donate money to the Democratic party – that’s a crazy high number for an allegedly conservative TV channel. It’s no secret to the gay community that Shepard Smith is “one” of them.
- FOX now SUX bigtime! 🙁
- Screw them too. I have watched very little since their recent maniacal swerve left.
- If FOX wants me back they will bring on Glenn Beck and Rush. I have had it with weasels like Hannity and O’Reilly.[Beck is on the way]
And finally, there was this insightful thought from a a true afficianado of the arts:
This thread would do really well at Daily Koz. They think this is a great idea. They even have the artwork ready…
Yes, that’s my artwork posted by a Freeper. Thanks veritas2002. And thanks for joining the boycott everybody.
Update: The folks at RedState are weighing in as well with Operation Leper:
We’re tracking down all the people from the McCain campaign now whispering smears against Governor Palin to Carl Cameron and others […] We intend to constantly remind the base about these people, monitor who they are working for, and, when 2012 rolls around, see which candidates hire them. Naturally then, you’ll see us go to war against those candidates.
5 thoughts on “A Boycott Of Fox News By Conservatives”
Don’t you just love it ! It’s the Conservative rightwingnut Republican freeper shark feeding frenzy. They’re beginning to canabalize each other ! All together now, let’s throw in some more chum !
Well, I have to say one thing about FOX, as totally amusing as this boycott may be, and that is the following:
it was absolutely astonishing to me to hear and see Bill O’Reilly on The Factor on the night before Election Day, disclosing that John McCain never did one interview on The Factor (even Obama went on The Factor).
Next to O’Reilly, was Brit Hume, who said the same thing, plus this: Even though Britt Hume has actually KNOWN John McCain for “20 years” never ONCE did McCain allow an inteview to Hume, either.
Then, an even more amazing revelation, from Mike Wallace, who was also on camera with the above two: According to Mike Wallace, Sarah Palin refused “150-200” requests for one interview from Mike Wallace.
A pretty interesting disclosure, doncha think? Especially on the eve of the election, which probably had an impact on some GOP voters, who may have decided to sit it out, since their candidates couldn’t be bothered with interviews.
Also, what did John McCain know and when did he know it? I mean what question was he so afraid his journalist friends on the RIGHT might ask him? Same with Sarah Palin. What in the world made these two NOT give interviews to their cheerleaders: O’Reilly, Hume and Wallace?
I actually gave FOX very high marks that night in my own mind — I thought: this is REALLY interesting.
And, right after that, I hear about: A BOYCOTT OF FOX!!!
Something is going on…BTW, I voted Obama.
Umm…McCain DID go on the Factor in May of 2008 (also May and August 2007). Plus Chris Wallace, Sean Hannity, and Carl Cameron interviewed him last month. So McCain has not exactly been snubbing Fox. I don’t know what they are complaining/lying about.
As for Palin, she only did 4 interviews period (not counting Fox softballs), and she did zero press conferences.
Fox News is like a spoiled child crying for attention. As I blogged a while back Fox & Friends was planning to run a segment featuring “fair and balanced” Brent Bozell bashing Obama for not appearing on the network. Too bad for them an email leaked out where Fox’s own Major Garrett pointed out this was baloney:
Being all “fair and balanced” Fox & Friends scrambled and recast the segment using Brent Bozell to attack Obama for trying to “bankrupt” companies using coal.
FOX News’ New Slogans
Comments are closed.