Bloggers on Free Republic, AKA Freepers, are mad as Hell and they aren’t going to take it any more. The treatment of Sarah Palin by Fox reporter Carl Cameron and others has incensed them to the point where they are vowing never to watch again. I’ve compiled some of the comments from the site for their comedic value:
- I propose that we punish the FOX Network for its hatchet job on Sarah Palin. For one week beginning at 3:00 PM today no one tunes them in. We will demonstrate the power of conservatives when their ratings plummet dramatically. Will you join me? [FYI: their boycott will have no affect whatsoever on the ratings unless a significant number of them are Nielsen families]
- I’m done with Teevee. Let them all go to hell.
- I am with you all the way my friend…i hope FOX goes off the air…hate em now…
- It would be easy. Nearly every show on FNC is unwatchable these days. ….for quite a while, in fact.
- fauxNEWS – We Distort, You Comply
- too late………I wrote them off months ago
- GO TO EVERY RIGHTWING BLOG AND TELL THEM TO TURN OFF FOX.
- Tell him he’s no better than the “smear merchants” and “bombthrowers” he holds in such contempt. Allowing Carl Cameron to spew unmitigated hearsay and garbage without one shred of supporting evidence or fact makes O’Reilly just as bad as the supermarket tabloids.
- Life without FOX is good.
- It’s not a secret that 81% of Fox News reporters and employees donate money to the Democratic party – that’s a crazy high number for an allegedly conservative TV channel. It’s no secret to the gay community that Shepard Smith is “one” of them.
- FOX now SUX bigtime! 🙁
- Screw them too. I have watched very little since their recent maniacal swerve left.
- If FOX wants me back they will bring on Glenn Beck and Rush. I have had it with weasels like Hannity and O’Reilly.[Beck is on the way]
And finally, there was this insightful thought from a a true afficianado of the arts:
This thread would do really well at Daily Koz. They think this is a great idea. They even have the artwork ready…
Yes, that’s my artwork posted by a Freeper. Thanks veritas2002. And thanks for joining the boycott everybody.
Update: The folks at RedState are weighing in as well with Operation Leper:
We’re tracking down all the people from the McCain campaign now whispering smears against Governor Palin to Carl Cameron and others […] We intend to constantly remind the base about these people, monitor who they are working for, and, when 2012 rolls around, see which candidates hire them. Naturally then, you’ll see us go to war against those candidates.