One of the defining personality flaws of Donald Trump is his steadfast determination to propagate lies that have been thoroughly debunked. Undeterred by reality, he continues to press his case on matters such as his “Big Lie” about election fraud; his border wall that was not built nor paid for by Mexico; and his deadly denialism about the COVID pandemic and responsible measures to defeat it.
Years go by with Trump mindlessly clinging to the same flagrant falsehoods and peddling them to his dimwitted cult disciples. And foremost among these fantasies are Trump’s denials of his well documented and unsavory connections to Russia.
For some reason Trump has been especially fixated on this subject recently. Just in the past week he has been furiously kicking and screaming like a spoiled toddler over what he calls the “Russia, Russia, Russia hoax.” In a tirade of tempestuous tweets Trump grumped that…
- “I view the story being concocted by the Unselect Committee about the so-called insurrection of January 6th (actually, November 3rd!) [see this for what he’s talking about] the same way as the Democrats’ Russia, Russia, Russia Hoax, now fully debunked and discredited!”
- “Our Country has been taken over by Scammers and Hoaxsters, and we have to take it back. Just like the Russia, Russia, Russia Scam has now been totally debunked and discredited as a FAKE Democrat/Crooked Hillary”
- “CNN’s fake ‘reckoning’ over the Steele dossier”
- “Fake News refusing to cover the Presidential Election Fraud is the Russia Hoax in REVERSE: No coverage of a real scandal, versus endless coverage of a Democrat Fake News scandal!”
- “Pulitzer board stonewalls queries about Trump lawsuit, rescinding prizes for debunked reporting [about Trump/Russia]”
- “Durham Unravels the Russia Case”
- “Why don’t they investigate Crooked Hillary, when so much has now been proven about her and her campaign’s lies and dealings with Russia to smear me and spy on my campaign?”
Perhaps the tender sensitivities of Snowflake Trump were triggered by an article in The Atlantic by veteran conservative, David Frum, that refuted the Trumpian right-wingers who have been erroneously claiming that some inaccuracies in the infamous Steele Dossier mean that all of the evidence of Trump’s chumminess with Putin and Russia are invalid, even the evidence that has nothing to do with the Dossier.
Frum detailed much of that evidence in his article with findings from the report of the Senate Intelligence Committee, that was then chaired by Richard Burr, a Republican from North Carolina. Those findings include accounts of meetings between Russians and Trump, his family, and other close associates. It also revealed that Trump was simultaneously taking positions that advanced Putin’s foreign policy goals, particularly the undermining of American democracy.
Much of what Frum compiled was also documented in the studiously researched book “Russian Roulette: The Inside Story of Putin’s War on America and the Election of Donald Trump,” by Michael Isikoff and David Corn. And Frum closed his article with this summation refuting those who were trying to exonerate Trump with mistaken allusions to the factual errors in the Steele Dossier:
“It remains fact that Russian hackers and spies helped his campaign. It remains fact that the Trump campaign welcomed the help. […] It remains fact that Trump and those around him lied, and lied, and lied again about their connections to Russia.”
No wonder Trump is ranting relentlessly about Russia, Russia, Russia. He realizes that he needs to reinforce the lies he’s been futilely spewing for years. But he doesn’t realize that if it hasn’t worked yet, it isn’t going to. Nevertheless, his lies spill forth again and again. But then, when has Trump ever not lied about anything?
NOTE: Twitter suspended the News Corpse account after 11 years without giving a reason. So if anyone wants to tweet articles from my website, please feel free to do so often and repeatedly. Also, Be sure to visit and follow News Corpse on Instagram. Thanks for your support.
How Fox News Deceives and Controls Their Flock:
Fox Nation vs. Reality: The Fox News Cult of Ignorance.
Available now at Amazon.