Among the many noxious “qualities” for which Donald Trump is known and despised is his compulsive litigiousness. He has filed an avalanche of lawsuits in the just the past two years against everything from Hillary Clinton to the Pulitzer Prize board to his niece, Mary Trump, and so many more (See below).
This week Trump had one of his lawsuits that was previously thrown out of court result in nearly a million dollars in sanctions against Trump and his lawyers. The judge scolded Trump for filing, “a lawsuit that should never have been filed, which was completely frivolous, both factually and legally, and which was brought in bad faith for an improper purpose.” The lawsuit at issue was a particularly ludicrous one that Trump aimed at Hillary Clinton and fifty (that’s right, 50) other defendants.
Fearing further legal retribution, Trump has now withdrawn a lawsuit that he had filed against the Attorney General of New York, Letitia James. The judge warned Trump that this suit was also on the “verge of frivolous,” which would make the prospect of additional sanctions more likely. Consequently, Trump cut and run rather than try to defend his preposterous allegations.
Trump’s history with James is marked by utterly deranged attacks, calling her “corrupt,” “despicable,” and “racist” (James is Black). When he eventually sat for a deposition, Trump pleaded the Fifth Amendment more than 400 times. And that’s after he had previously mocked others who did so, saying that only “the mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”
It’s high time that the courts start to dish out consequences for Trump’s flagrant misconduct in court. He has already had several lawyers sanctioned (including Sydney Powell and Lin Wood) for their bogus election fraud suits. And Rudy Giuliani’s license to practice in New York has been suspended. But Trump has been the fulcrum in many more ridiculous legal charades and should not be allowed to get away with it. Here are a few more examples of his misuse and abuse of the justice system…
- Trump Sues the Pulitzer Prize Board for Honoring Accurate Stories of His Russian Collusion
- Trump Being Too Scared to Testify Under Oath, Files Lawsuit Against the January 6th Committee
- Judge Trashes Trump’s Attorneys for ‘Deliberate Disregard for the Truth’ in Kooky Clinton Lawsuit
- Trump Files Another Lame Lawsuit Against the New York Attorney General Who He Hates and Fears
- Trump Attorney Announces Laughable Lawsuit Against CNN for Accurately Calling Trump a Liar
- Judge Dismisses Trump’s Loopy Lawsuit Against Twitter for ‘Failure to Plausibly State a Claim’
- Trump’s Lawsuit Against His Niece Mary and the NY Times is a Confession that She’s Telling the Truth
- JUDGE: Trump’s ‘Frivolous’ Lawsuit is ‘The Stuff of Which Violent Insurrections Are Made’
UPDATE: Trump drops a second lawsuit against the New York Attorney General’s office. Clearly he’s running scared and knows that these frivolous suits are only going to make things worse for him.
NOTE: Twitter suspended the News Corpse account after 11 years without giving a reason. So if anyone wants to tweet articles from my website, please feel free to do so often and repeatedly.
And check out my books on Amazon:
Thanks so much for your support.