Gawker took the plunge and watched Glenn Beck yesterday to see what advertisers remain after more than
twenty …um… thirty …er… forty have abandoned the program due to Beck’s offensive rhetoric. It is a list that says much about him and his disciples. Here it is with my own comments attached:
- Extenze penis-enhancing pills – To make sure that blood isn’t flowing into his viewers brains.
- Inogen One portable oxygen concentrator – To make sure they stay conscious while being disinformed.
- Brez anti-snoring nose inserts – In the event his viewers pass out, like his guests do.
- Egg Genie microwave egg cooker – So they have something to suck on.
- The Jewelry Exchange – Because watching Fox Business Network has left them destitute.
- SmartForLife diet cookies – Just look at what they’ve done for Rush Limbaugh.
- The Mesothelioma Hotline – Those right-wingers are all over tort reform.
- Jupiter Jack phone device – Note to Beck viewers: No, this does not let you call Jupiter.
- Rosetta Stone language training – To learn to bash immigrants in their native tongue.
- The Speed Channel – What Beck’s viewers watch when they can’t get the Meth Channel.
- Oreck vacuum cleaners – Apply to frontal cortex and set to maximum.
- FreeScore.com credit report service – This is the scam that Ben Stein was peddling.
That’s a nice group of low-rent advertisers. Contrary to the claims by Fox News flacks that they have not lost revenue due to the advertiser boycott, it is plain that the companies above are not paying the same fees that Procter & Gamble or GEICO did. And their consolation that the show has increased its ratings is rather hollow when higher ratings doesn’t mean more revenue.
Keep the pressure on: Color of Change