For the first time in history, the House of Representatives has been dormant for 17 days because Republicans are utterly incapable of competently performing their congressional duties. They have repeatedly failed to replace the Speaker that they themselves had ousted. Consequently, the critical business of the nation is going unattended due entirely to childish GOP infighting.
That unattended business includes drafting legislation to fund the government and keep it from shutting down. It also includes supporting our allies in Israel and Ukraine as they are suffering at the hands of terrorists and imperialistic aggressors. Republicans, however, may regard a crippled government as an improvement. And by their own assessment of their leadership skills, they may be right.
Among the duties that the House is neglecting during their Speaker debacle are the phony hearings ostensibly to investigate – and ultimately impeach – President Biden. While those hearings are halted like all other House business, the mouths of its MAGA members continue to wag. For instance, James Comer, chairman of the Oversight Committee, has surfaced on Fox News with “shocking” new information that he thinks will sink the Biden presidency. It concerns a check for $200,000 from James Biden to his brother Joe.
“The money came from Jim Biden where he influence peddled to a company in the United States that he went and said that he can help through his brother’s contacts get capital from the Middle East.”
WOW — this is devastating news for Jim Biden's presidential hopes pic.twitter.com/znppSBozcG
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) October 21, 2023
Oh my! This would be catastrophic for President Biden were it not for the fact that Comer left out all of the facts that entirely undermine this alleged scandalette. In reality, Joe Biden had previously loaned James this money, and James was just paying it back. It actually says “loan repayment” on the memo line of the check. There is no evidence whatsoever of any link between the President and the company that had made a loan James. Nor is there any proof that the company benefited in any way resulting from the transaction.
What’s more, Joe Biden was a private citizen at the time. He held no office of influence, nor was he a candidate. But that didn’t stop the scandal mongers of the GOP from peddling flagrant lies about Biden and this nonexistent impropriety. They began with Comer himself, which led to a parade of perfidy…
- Oversight Committee: “We have found a $200,000 DIRECT payment to Joe Biden. @RepJamesComer lays out the money trail.”
- Steve Scalise: “BREAKING ? @GOPoversight has uncovered a $200,000 DIRECT payment to Joe Biden. The money trail of the Biden Family corruption scheme leads directly to Joe himself. There’s no denying it now.”
- Lauren Boebert: “The media has spent the past two years claiming there was no actual evidence of Joe Biden’s financial wrongdoings. Yesterday, the Oversight Committee unveiled a $200,000 check James Biden wrote to his brother on the same day he received a loan from a failing company.”
- Rudy Giuliani: “The House Oversight Committee JUST released new details on how Joe Biden received direct payments from family members.”
- Sean Hannity (Fox News): “Joe Biden is a criminal and now we have the proof.”
- Greg Kelly (Newsmax): “Smoking. Gun.”
Needless to say, there was no “direct” payment, no “money trail,” no “corruption scheme,” no “proof,” and no “smoking gun.” These were all deliberate distortions of reality intended to disseminate blatant disinformation and to defame President Biden.
What proof there was – the actual loan and repayment info – only served to exonerate Biden. But with the House closed for business, these dishonest propagandists felt compelled to do what they do best: lie their asses off to the eager right-wing media. And so it goes.
- New GOP Subcommittee Chair Openly Admits His Only Purpose is to ‘Make Life Hell’ for Democrats
- Squeaker McCarthy Laments Learning that the GOP’s Mission is to ‘Burn the Whole Place Down’
- OH NO! Fox News Frets About Government Shutdown Because it Might Stall the Biden Impeachment
- Fox News and GOP Impeachment Chair Seek ‘Damning Evidence’ Against Biden, But Can’t Find Any
And check out my books on Amazon:
Thanks so much for your support.