Sonoma State University’s Project Censored has released their 2006 edition of the top 25 stories that went unreported or under-reported by the corporate media. Ending the suspense, I will reveal now that the number 1 story is about Bush Administration Moves to Eliminate Open Government.
I’m shocked I tell you, shocked!
Here’s the rest of the top 10:
- 2. Media Coverage Fails on Iraq: Fallujah and the Civilian Deathtoll
- 3. Another Year of Distorted Election Coverage
- 4. Surveillance Society Quietly Moves In
- 5. U.S. Uses Tsunami to Military Advantage in Southeast Asia
- 6. The Real Oil for Food Scam
- 7. Journalists Face Unprecedented Dangers to Life and Livelihood
- 8. Iraqi Farmers Threatened By Bremer’s Mandates
- 9. Iran’s New Oil Trade System Challenges U.S. Currency
- 10. Mountaintop Removal Threatens Ecosystem and Economy