It was just a matter of time. Allen West, the one-term congressman from Florida who lost his seat last November, has taken his place among the most notorious losers in the media who have found redemption at Fox News.
Fox is a dedicated collector of washed up political failures who have little hope of gainful employment elsewhere. The list includes familiar names like Sarah Palin, Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, Mike Huckabee, Karl Rove, Dick Morris, and Scott Brown. It seems that any right-wing flame-out who needs a job can saunter over to Fox and sign up for wingnut welfare.
West is the perfect candidate for a career at Fox. He is unabashedly hostile toward anyone who holds views that differ from his. He is brimming with provocative and insulting tirades ready to be flung at ideological opponents. And West has already distinguished himself as a commie-phobic, Nazi-baiting extremist who engaged in mock executions against innocent Iraqis before being thrown out of the Army and running for congress.
West has a resume made for Fox. He articulates a message that has been the cornerstone of Fox’s mission since its inception. In many ways West can take over where former Fox talker Glenn Beck left off. Here is a sampling of West’s hyper-demented paranoia-speak that is so highly revered by Fox’s dimwitted audience:
- I believe there’s about 78 to 81 members of the Democrat Party who are members of the Communist Party.
- If Joseph Goebbels was around, he’d be very proud of the Democrat Party.
- President Obama seems determined to punish and wipe out economic success in this country, leveling tax weapons of mass destruction on all taxpayers.
- Barack Obama is undeserving of the title Commander-in-Chief.
- [Obama] can take [his message] to Europe, you can take it to the bottom of the sea, you can take it to the North Pole, but get the hell out of the United States of America.
- You [Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz] are the most vile, unprofessional, and despicable member of the US House of Representatives.
- Mainstream media’s is no longer reporting the news, they are propagandizing […] Goebbels is doing somersaults and back flips in his grave.
The recruitment of West by Fox News is another reminder that the rumblings around Fox late last year that they would be reviewing and moderating their extremist positions was a phony affectation designed for public relations purposes. After their decisive losses on both the presidential and congressional fields, Fox had good reason to readjust their sights, but they clearly prefer to double down on crazy. And they could not have found a crazier, more disreputable representative of the Obama-hating wing of rightist nutcases outside of the Teabagger Asylum. West is literally consumed by psychotic hallucinations of cartoon villains plotting to rule by tyrannical fiat and to deplete our precious bodily fluids.
Col. Allen “Ripper” West: You are witnessing an infiltration of not just the defense systems, but our financial systems, our cultural, religious, political, systems. So this is a whole-hearted stealth jihad type of attack.
Welcome to Fox News, Mr. West. You will surely feel right at home. And those of us who observe and comment on media could not be happier anticipating your contributions to the pool of conservative crackpottery.
2 thoughts on “Allen West Joins Fox News As Senior Nazi Rhetoric Correspondent”
I thought this idiot was already a Fox news correspondence, considering that Fox has a very rigid hiring procedure:
Q: Do you hate the communist fascist Muslim Kenyan militant pacifist who stole the presidency while we were trying to steal it for the Republicans, and are willing to work for his removal with every fiber of your being?
A: Yes sir!
Q: Do you have anything good to say about Democrats or liberals?
A: No sir!
A: You’re hired!
Allen West is a fanatical, hateful ideologue. Of course, that makes him a perfect fit at Fox.
Comments are closed.