The degree of disinformation that is disseminated every hour of every day by Fox News has been well documented. As a network that was concocted by an ultra-rightist media baron (Rupert Murdoch) and a Republican political operative (Roger Ailes), no rational person ever thought that it would be anything other than a mouthpiece for conservative propaganda.
However, few people imagined just how far over the edge Fox News would eventually go to distort the truth and defile journalism. In recent weeks Fox News has actually sided with America’s enemies. With slimy shitstirrers like Tucker Carlson embracing Vladimir Putin, and white-wingers like Laura Ingraham attacking Ukrainian refugees, it’s no wonder that Russia’s foreign minister effusively praises the network.
The New York Times has now published an interview of former Fox News anchor, Chris Wallace. He was with Fox for nearly twenty years. This year he announced that he would be joining CNN to host a show on CNN+, their new streaming channel that will debut this month. He said at the time that his reasons for ditching Fox included some of the repugnant positions taken by his colleagues. The Times interview began by quoting Wallace saying that “I just no longer felt comfortable with the programming at Fox.” He elaborated…
“‘I’m fine with opinion: conservative opinion, liberal opinion,’ Mr. Wallace said in his first extensive interview about his decision to leave. ‘But when people start to question the truth — Who won the 2020 election? Was Jan. 6 an insurrection? — I found that unsustainable.'”
“Wallace also acknowledged that he felt a shift at Fox News in the months after Donald J. Trump’s defeat in 2020 — a period when the channel ended its 7 p.m. newscast, fired the political editor who helped project a Trump loss in Arizona on election night and promoted hosts like Mr. Carlson who downplayed the Jan. 6 riot.
“He confirmed reports that he was so alarmed by Mr. Carlson’s documentary ‘Patriot Purge’ – which falsely suggested the Jan. 6 Capitol riot was a ‘false flag’ operation intended to demonize conservatives – that he complained directly to Fox News management.”
Wallace’s insights about Fox News may have been a long time coming (which he addresses in the Times interview), but they are nevertheless relevant for having been derived from a couple of decades of personal experience. And it was clear that his eyes were being pried open in the months that preceded his divorce from Donald Trump’s Ministry of Disinformation and Republican Propaganda Pusher. For instance…
- Wallace praised Biden’s Press Secretary saying “Jen Psaki is one of the best press secretaries ever.”
- Wallace was troubled by Lara Logan’s nauseating comparison of Dr. Anthony Fauci to Nazi doctor Josef Mengele.
- On The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Wallace was asked about interviewing Republicans who still peddle Trump’s “Big Lie” about the 2020 election. Wallace said that, “I have purposefully not had them on, frankly, because I don’t want to hear their crap.”
- Trump blasted Wallace for his performance at the Biden/Trump debate in 2020 where Trump couldn’t stop interrupting.
- Trump complained preposterously that Wallace is “controlled by the radical left.”
- Wallace challenged Trump’s bragging about having passed a mental competency test: “Well, it’s not the hardest test. It shows a picture and it says, ‘what’s that’. And it’s an elephant.”
Sadly, Wallace’s criticisms will fall on deaf ears at Fox News. The network is being held hostage by the worst reprobates on its rat-filled roster. They are obviously too afraid of Tucker Carlson to challenge him and his traitorous rhetoric that has garnered such a devoted following of cult members. Consequently we can expect the parade of lies and anti-American tirades to continue for the foreseeable future.
NOTE: Twitter suspended the News Corpse account after 11 years without giving a reason. So if anyone wants to tweet articles from my website, please feel free to do so often and repeatedly.
And check out my books on Amazon:
Thanks so much for your support.