If there is one thing that is undeniable about the the editors at Fox News, it’s that they are devoted to maintaining narratives that unleash persistent and blistering attacks on liberals and Democrats. It is their whole reason for living and their greatest source of joy. However, every now and then there is an event or a person that gums up the works and causes them to stutter furiously as they try to figure out what their opinion is.
Jon Stewart of the Daily Show is such a person. Under ordinary circumstance, Fox resides happily in their characterization of Stewart as an unrepentant, socialist, disciple of Joseph Goebbels. Bill O’Reilly has called him “a key component of left-wing television.” Last Week Eric Bolling introduced a segment saying “Jon Stewart and his team of liberal writers deliver this piece of shi…satire the other night.” Over at Fox Nation’s Lie-Fest they posted a ludicrous report about an Obama donor funding a movie he is set to direct (In fact, the producer also donated to Romney).
Now Fox is giddily heralding the recent episodes of The Daily Show where Stewart has been criticizing President Obama for the the variety of pseudo-scandals that the right is currently peddling. Fox couldn’t be more tickled by what they now consider to be insightful satire, but which they usually regard as unfunny carping. The thing about this is, Fox is oblivious to the reality that Stewart frequently mocks Obama and other Democrats. And what makes Fox’s ignorance of this fact all the more peculiar is that they themselves report every slap that Stewart takes at the left. For instance, these are just from this year alone, starting with today’s posting:
- Jon Stewart Continues Piling on Scandal-Plagued Obama: He’s Either Nixon or Mr. Magoo
- Stewart Tears Apart Obama: You Can’t Keep Saying You Found Out About News At the Same Time As Us!
- Jon Stewart Destroys Obama Over IRS Scandal
- Jon Stewart Goes Hog Wild on CNN
- Stewart Eviscerates Obama for Withholding Drone Memos
- Jon Stewart Tears Up Congress for Quietly Scaling Back Insider Trading Law
- Stewart Destroys Former Obama Spox Robert Gibbs
- Jon Stewart Tears Apart CNN
- Jon Stewart Grills Hypocrite Al Gore
- Jon Stewart’s F-Bomb Tirade Against Obama
- Stewart Rips Obama SOTU: ‘Who’s Running This Sh*thole?!’
- Jon Stewart Tears Into Obama’s ‘Attractive’ AG Comment
- Jon Stewart Grills Susan Rice
- Jon Stewart Tears Into Obama Hypocrisy
- Jon Stewart Destroys Media Over Inauguration Coverage
- Jon Stewart Mocks ‘All-White’ Obama Cabinet Controversy
Remember this whenever you hear some jerkwad on Fox railing about what a commie subversive Stewart is. And by jerkwad we can include Roger Ailes the CEO of Fox News who said about Stewart…
“He hates conservative views. He hates conservative thoughts. He hates conservative verbiage. He hates conservatives. He’s crazy. [...] He makes a living by attacking conservatives and stirring up a liberal base against it.”
Yeah, that’s why Stewart did all those critical bits aimed at liberals. Does Ailes watch his own network?