Donald Trump has taken a temporary leave from his obsession over having lost the 2020 presidential election to Joe Biden, a humiliation he still has not managed to get over. He is now fixated on a new obsession concerning a court filing by special counsel John Durham that Trump and his minions are misconstruing as a “bombshell” that vindicates his prior delusional allegations that the U.S. government was spying on him.
The definition of “bombshell” has been watered down here to include nonsense that has no bearing on anything. Durham’s filing didn’t contain a shred of evidence of any spying, and didn’t even make that allegation. The entirety of his claim was that information about Internet IP addresses that are publicly available were shared with Hillary Clinton’s campaign. To which the media resoundingly, and appropriately, said “So what?” The only thing of interest in the filing is that it affirmed prior reports that the IP addresses and Domain Name Servers (DNS) it referenced connected Trump’s computer communications to Russia.
On Saturday Trump went ballistic over the Durham news, falsely asserting that it provided “indisputable evidence” that he was the victim of a broad “Deep State” government cabal to spy on him led by Hillary Clinton. He went even further to advocate the death penalty for Clinton and others he accused of this imaginary crime.
However, given the utter lack of substance in Durham’s filing, the press took a pass. This triggered Trump to throw yet another tantrum over what he regards as the “fake news” ignoring “the biggest story of our time.” He released a statement (via his Twitter ban defying spokes-shill) that sobbed…
“Can you imagine that, what should be the biggest story of our time, bigger than Watergate, is getting absolutely no mention, ZERO, in the New York Times, Washington Post, ABC Fake News, NBC Fake News, CBS Fake News, ratings-dead CNN, and MSDNC.”
Yes. Anyone with moderate comprehension skills can imagine that. So naturally, Trump thinks it is “a scandal, the fact that a story so big, so powerful, and so important for the future of our Nation is getting zero coverage from LameStream.” He goes on to say that “It shows how totally corrupt and shameless the media is.” He even reprises his death wish, saying that “the electric chair would immediately come out of retirement.” But he closes with the following bizarre claim of victory…
“The good news is, everybody is talking about not only this atrocity against our Nation, but that the press refuses to even mention the major crime that took place.”
In other words, he doesn’t think he really needs the media because the story is on everyone’s lips even without any press coverage. So what’s he griping about? To the extent that this fictional story is being talked about, it is wholly due to the right-wing echo chamber that includes Fox News and Republican Trump-fluffers. Here a few of the tweets by Trump’s toadies trying to disseminate this dishonest “news”:
- RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel: Durham’s report shows that the Trump campaign and White House were illegally spied on, paid for by the Clinton campaign.
- Rep. Jim Jordan: They spied on Trump.
- Brit Hume, Fox News: But good luck getting the story into the big organs of the mainstream media. So far, a blackout.
- Rep. Elise Stefanik: Hillary Clinton must immediately be held accountable for her involvement in the biggest criminal political corruption story of our lifetime.
- Sen. Marsha Blackburn: Evidence is out that Hillary Clinton and her campaign allegedly paid tech companies to manufacture a false narrative that Donald Trump was linked with Russia.
- CPAC founder, Matt Schlapp: With the revelations that Trump was indeed spied on during 2016 and deep into his presidency it is time for anyone complicit in this crime resign from the Biden Administration and be charged. Jake Sullivan must step down.
- Brian Kilmeade, Fox News: The Durham filing confirms the Clinton campaign paid to infiltrate Trump servers. @dbongino joins to react.
- Felonious election fraudster, Dinesh D’Souza: Hillary has been caught red-handed!
- Conspiracy crackpot, Glenn Beck: So according to the Durham probe, the Clinton campaign was not only behind the Steele Dossier and Alfa Bank hoax, but it SPIED on the Trump campaign AND White House.
- Rep. Ronny Jackson: Hillary Clinton is the MOST corrupt politician in American history. How she spied on President Trump is CRIMINAL! This is just the tip of the iceberg too. The full truth of Hillary’s crimes have yet to be revealed. LOCK HER UP!
None of those comments can be remotely associated with reality. However, that last tweet by Ronny Jackson is especially interesting. He is Trump’s former White House “doctor” who was known for drinking on the job and loosely handing out prescriptions. And now he is calling for Clinton to be locked up even though her “crimes have yet to be revealed.”
Expect Trump to get more outrageous as the legal walls close in around him. He has never been able to restrain his most insane impulses. In this rant about the media not reporting a story that has no merit, he is demonstrating just how desperate he is for attention and approval. And the less he gets of both, the worse his meltdowns will be.
NOTE: Twitter suspended the News Corpse account after 11 years without giving a reason. So if anyone wants to tweet articles from my website, please feel free to do so often and repeatedly.
And check out my books on Amazon:
Thanks so much for your support.